The estimated time to complete this training module is 3h.
The prerequisites to take this module are:
If you have any questions regarding the module content please ask them in the relevant module channel on the school Discord server. If you do not have access to the server and would like to join, please send us an email at school [dot] brainhack [at] gmail [dot] com.
This module consists of a video by Tristan Glatard that was originally presented at BrainHack School 2020 and notebook by Tristan Glatard containing links to content by Julia Evans.
The notebook may be found here.
The video presentation is available here:
- Watch the video presentation.
- Complete the notebook exercises and review the content.
- Follow up with your local TA(s) to validate you completed the exercises correctly.
- 🎉 🎉 🎉 you completed this training module! 🎉 🎉 🎉
- Documentation for Docker can be found here and Singularity here
- Read a bit more from the The Turing Way Book to learn why containers are important for the reproducable research.
- You can also have a look at this lecture about Docker Containers by Dr. Peer Herholz from Brainhack School 2020.
- And yet another lecture nother lecture about Dockers from Dr. Chris Gorgolewski at Neurohackademy course here